W2: My review of the University life

 

University is a place that many people dreamed of in the past. They can have a better learning environment, and learning equipment, and be able to make more friends in the University. However, they have very slim chances of getting further education. Therefore, they hope their child and grandchild to entrusted with their dreams, and they also successfully obtained the opportunity to enter the University.

University is the goal and the place I want to enter, and an essential key to my future. When I got the chance to go to University, I was so excited that I ate eight bowls of rice in one meal. I was looking forward to going where I wanted to go, University Tunku Abdul Rahman. When I first entered the University, I meet a lot of people from different states, and I could also learn about different languages and cultures from them. After a few weeks of University life, I gradually discovered that University life is not as beautiful and easy as the elders said. But busy and very busy. I feel pressure like never had before.


During my first few weeks at University, I had to face many different challenges. First of all, the coursework given by the professors is too heavy. In addition to submitting the progress every week, each subject needs to catch up with the assignment. The biggest challenge is that whenever several subjects need to be submitted on the same day, I really have to stay up or stay up all night to complete all the assignments. Sometimes I feel tired and sleep for a few hours, then I continue to attend the class.


In addition to the heavy coursework, I also face the time management challenge. Everyone is fair, only have 24 hours. I need to learn how to manage my time. Time is a very difficult issue for me. Usually, I am a very procrastinating person. It may take two days to finish work that someone else may finish in a day. I only can manage my time during the weekend. Sometimes the most annoying thing is when I need to solve my personal problems, such as I need to go to the bank to manage my bank account, I do have not enough time to go to the bank.


I face my daily life challenge. I need to arrange the time for meals and some daily life problems. Sometimes, my class timetable is full, I continue to do the assignments after finishing the classes. I have no time to do my personal work, such as I like to clean my room, purposely I will clean my room once a week but now I postpone the cleaning to once every two weeks.

When I face problems, I will not sit still. I will find a way to solve the problem. First, I will plan my timetable and plan a day to solve my daily problems. I would look at the class schedule by which day the class would end earlier and then arrange everything in advance. Next, I will set a to-do list for myself. I will write all the assignment due dates, consultations, and exercises. Then, I will set a deadline to complete all the work. I will also arrange some free time to relax. For example, watching a drama while eating or take an hour sleep to refresh myself.

I hope that after graduating from University, I will become more self-disciplined and better in the future. The elders say "One is never too old to learn". I will look forward to the challenges in the future and have the confidence to face and solve all the problems.


Picture reference:

https://blogs.deakin.edu.au/deakinlife/2021/08/30/why-you-should-do-only-one-assignment-at-a-time/ 

https://abbyclean.com/7-benefits-of-hiring-a-professional-house-cleaning-service/ 

https://www.learningscientists.org/blog/2020/4/16-1 



Comments

Popular Posts